INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTOMATIC
DRY ICE SNO GUNTM CLEANING SYSTEM
INITIAL SET UP
1. Connect the SNO GUNtm stainless steel braided CO2 hose directly to a room temperature cylinder of pure CO2 capable of delivering liquid CO2 to the system. Do not use a regulator in the line. The SNO GUNtm requires the full pressure of the cylinder to operate (Approximately 850psi at 700 F Ambient). Open the valve on the CO2 cylinder.
2. Connect the clear plastic tubing to a source of shop air at 60psi pressure.
3. Plug SNO GUNtm control cord into rear of control unit jack.
4. With "MAIN" switch OFF plug the control unit into a power source of 120 VAC, 60hz, 1 phase.
5. Set "AUTO" switch OFF.
6. Turn MAIN switch ON.
7. Press and hold "PULSE" switch to purge the CO2 line of vapor. The purge is complete when dry ice particles of snow begin to spit out of the SNO GUNtm tip. This operation may take up to 10 seconds. When the purge is complete the unit is ready to operate. If the SNO GUNtm is not used for 60 seconds or more another purge cycle may be necessary.
8. If unit is equipped with an auxiliary foot switch, it may be plugged into the rear of the control unit and used like the "PULSE" switch.
The SNO GUNtm may continue to be operated in the manual mode by pressing the "PULSE" switch to deliver CO2 for as long as the switch is depressed.
When the AUTO switch is turned on the duration of the on and off cycles is determined by the settings of the timer. The duration of CO2 blast is selected by adjusting the switches on the OMRON H3CR-F timer. Refer to the attached OMRON Instruction Manual for timing and adjusting information.
There are three interchangeable tubes to provide more or less CO2 volume and intensity. They are:
677 ANITA STREET, SUITE A, CHULA
VISTA, CALIFORNIA 91911
phone: 619/423-4555 toll free 800/379-4231 fax: 619/423-4604
Copyright 1998, Va-Tran Systems