THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE SUPPLEMENTAL INSTRUCTION FOR THE PNEUMATIC VERSION OF THE SNO GUNTM
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTOMATIC
DRY ICE CLEANING SYSTEM
INITIAL SET UP
1. Connect the SNO GUNtm stainless steel braided CO2 hose directly to a room temperature cylinder of pure CO2 capable of delivering liquid CO2 to the system. Do not use a regulator in the line. The SNO GUNtm requires the full pressure of the cylinder to operate (Approximately 850 psi at 700 F Ambient). Open the valve on the CO2 cylinder.
2. Connect the clear plastic tubing to a source of shop air at 60psig.
3. Connect the two electrical wires to your control voltage of 24VDC. Polarity is not important.
4. Purge the hose by applying control voltage until dry ice particles of snow begin to spit out of the SNO GUNtm tip. This operation may take up to 10 seconds. When the purge is complete the unit is ready to operate. If the SNO GUNtm is not used for 60 seconds or more, another purge cycle may be necessary.
There are three interchangeable tubes to provide more or less CO2 volume and intensity. They are:
The SNO GUNtm comes with two additional interchangeable tips allowing you to select the desired spray pattern for each application. The following instructions should be followed when changing tips.
1. Ensure that the valve on the CO2 cylinder is turned off and that there is no pressure left in the hose by holding down the trigger until CO2 stops coming out.
2. Grip the tip retainer with one hand and the nozzle nut with the other and turn the nozzle nut counterclockwise. Continue turning until the nozzle nut is fully unscrewed from the tip retainer.
3. Remove the tip to be replaced from the tip retainer.
4. Remove the blue ferrule from the tip that is in the SNO GUNtm and place it on the tip to be inserted. Place the nozzle nut over the tip to be inserted, making sure that the flat end of the ferrule will be inserted into the tip retainer. Up to 1/2" of the tip can protrude past the flat end of the blue ferrule.
5. Tighten the nozzle nut down firmly. Do not leave loose or the tip that was inserted will be propelled out of the SNO GUNtm and could become a dangerous projectile.
677 ANITA STREET, SUITE A, CHULA
VISTA, CALIFORNIA 91911
phone: 619/423-4555 toll free 800/379-4231 fax: 619/423-4604
Copyright 1998, Va-Tran Systems