INSTRUCTIONS FOR SG-PN
PNEUMATIC SNO GUNTM
DRY ICE CLEANING SYSTEM
INITIAL SET UP
1. Connect the SNO GUNtm stainless steel braided CO2 hose directly to a room temperature cylinder of pure CO2 capable of delivering liquid CO2 to the system. Do not use a regulator in the line. The SNO GUNtm requires the full pressure of the cylinder to operate (Approximately 850psi at 700 F Ambient). Open the valve on the CO2 cylinder.
2. Connect the clear plastic tubing to a source of shop air at 60psi pressure.
3. Connect the two electrical wires to your control voltage of 24 VDC. Polarity is not important.
4. Purge the hose by applying control voltage until dry ice particles of snow begin to spit out of the SNO GUNtm tip. This operation may take up to 10 seconds. When the purge is complete the unit is ready to operate. If the SNO GUNtm is not used for 60 seconds or more, another purge cycle may be necessary.
There are three interchangeable tubes to provide more or less CO2 volume and intensity. They are:
1. Hold on to the large black knurled nut and remove the small black knurled nut.
2. Remove existing tube and the tiny blue ferrule.
3. Slip the ferrule onto the new tube and into the small black knurled nut with the cone facing the male thread of the small knurled nut (flat surface toward the SNO GUNtm valve body).
4. Insert ferrule into the large knurled nut on the valve body. Tighten finger tight.
677 ANITA STREET, SUITE A, CHULA
VISTA, CALIFORNIA 91911
phone: 619/423-4555 toll free 800/379-4231 fax: 619/423-4604
Copyright 1998, Va-Tran Systems